Privacy Notice & Cookies
Our privacy commitments are fundamental to the way we do business every day. These apply to everyone who has a relationship with us – including customers, web site visitors, our employees, job applicants, and contractors.
We believe that you should know, and we also have a legal obligation to inform you what personal data we collect about you, what we use it for and on what basis. We have established this privacy notice to focus on those items that we think are likely to be of most interest to you and to explain this in a clear and plain language.
2. Who collects it
Tampnet consist of a group of legal entities including Tampnet AS, Tampnet UK Ltd., Tampnet Inc., Tampnet Telecom do Brazil Ltda, and CNSFTC and all entities might collect personal data. Tampnet Inc. has their own privacy which is aligned to US Federal Law and available on the GoM section of Tampnets webpage.
3. How we collect
There are three basic ways we collect the data from you:
- We get information from you when you do things like requesting information about our products, submit a job application at our website, make a purchase from us, provides feedback etc.
- We obtain information from third party or publicly available sources, like credit agencies, marketing companies, and other service providers.
4. What we collect
We typically collect the following types of personal data from you:
- Contact Data: such as billing address, meeting/delivery address, email address, job title and telephone numbers.
- Financial and Transaction Data: such as bank account and payment card details, credit information, tax information, details about orders, purchases and payments to and from you including other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data: such as internet protocol (IP) address, webpage visits and sessions, type of device, platform and operative system, browser information typically collected via cookies, username to log in to our services and system configurations. For wireless communication we collect Call Detail Records which contains information about your base station location, phone number, quantity, call type, and timestamp details as defined by 3GPP standards.
- Profile Data: such as how you use our services, customer support information, your preferences related to our services and how you prefer to communicate with us, job applications, CVs, references, customer feedback and survey responses.
5. Why we collect it
Personal data may be processed for a number for reasons such as to:
- Perform a contract with you or your employer for delivery of products and services.
- Analyse and improve your user experience and our delivery of products and services.
- Administer your account and security.
- Customer service such as sending you services related communications.
- Keep you posted on new products, services, and events.
- Complete transactions or information, you have requested.
- Perform credit reference checks and for billing purposes.
- Verify your identity to send notices, changes of our terms, condition and policies.
- Process and evaluate your job application and contact you for contracting or recruitment purposes.
- Anticipate and resolve problems with your services or products.
- Comply with legal obligations, for misuse of services and for anti-fraud purposes.
- Make wireless communications possible. Example: The network knows the general location of a phone or wireless device whenever it is turned on. A wireless device sends out a periodic signal to the nearest radio tower/cell site so that the network will know where to route an incoming communication and how to properly bill for the service.
6. The lawful basis for processing it
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
The processing of the personal data listed above is necessary for the performance of the contract with you, to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract or offering you a position in Tampnet, and/or for our legitimate interests. In case of marketing purposes, we will request your consent and we will also make sure that you can “opt out” if you at a later stage wishes to withdraw the consent. Please also note that you can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies.
You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
7. How long we keep it
As per our Data Retention Policy we keep personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. After this period, your personal data will be irreversibly destroyed. Any personal data held by us for marketing and service update notifications will be kept by us until such time that you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. The personal data in your job application will be retained during the recruitment process and will be irreversibly destroyed if you are not offered a position in Tampnet.
8. How we secure it
We will take appropriate steps to safeguard your information in accordance with industry standards but please keep in mind that no system can be guaranteed as 100% secure and that we cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control. Example communications over the internet (such as emails) aren’t secure unless they’ve been encrypted.
Our safeguards include protection against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information we hold about you. Tampnet has dedicated resources for information security and is managing the continuous improvement if security through our information security management system.
In order to detect and delete cookies, you can change the settings in your browser. The “Help” function of your browser can help you configure your browser to prevent cookies or delete existing cookies. By using the “Help” function, you can also learn how to block all new cookies on your browser, and which configuration steps that are required to receive notifications about new cookies. Please note that if you choose not to accept cookies, your access to certain functionality on our website may be restricted.
Tampnet uses the following types of cookies:
|Name of the cookie||Purpose of the cookie||Expiry|
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||session|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||session|
|collect||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||session|
|SIDCC||Used to store user preferences and information when viewing pages with Google maps on them||session|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||A cookie that YouTube sets that measures your bandwidth to determine whether you get the new player interface or the old||8 months from set/update|
|PREF||This cookie stores your preferences and other information, in particular preferred language, how many search results you wish to be shown on your page, and whether or not you wish to have Google’s SafeSearch filter turned on.||10 years from set/ update|
|YSC||This cookie is set by the YouTube video service on pages with embedded YouTube video.||session|
|GPS||.youtube.com - registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location.||session|
|fr||Facebook tracks opted-out Facebook users with a cookie (fr ) that is used for advertising purposes.||session|
|p.gif||Typekit.net - used to track the use of the specialist fonts we use on our website and does not track your data or your personal information.||session|
|__hstc||The main Hubspot cookie for tracking visitors. It contains the domain, utk, initial timestamp (first visit), last timestamp (last visit), current timestamp (this visit), and session number (increments for each subsequent session).||13 months|
|hubspotutk||This cookie keeps track of a visitor's identity. It is passed to HubSpot on form submission and used when deduplicating contacts.||13 months|
|__hssc||This cookie keeps track of sessions. This is used to determine if HubSpot should increment the session number and timestamps in the __hstc cookie. It contains the domain, viewCount (increments each pageView in a session), and session start timestamp.||30 min|
|__hssrc||Whenever HubSpot changes the session cookie, this cookie is also set to determine if the visitor has restarted their browser. If this cookie does not exist when HubSpot manages cookies, it is considered a new session.||session|
Please be advised that the above list may be subject to changes. We recommend that you check this privacy notice from time to time, to keep up to date with the current list of cookies.
10. Third party and cross border processing
The data is mostly processed by Tampnet staff in a Tampnet office. However we might share personal data with third parties for a variety of business purposes such as to help us offer, provide, bill, repair, and improve our services.
Tampnet has processes for evaluating that suppliers ensure an appropriate level of confidentiality, integrity and availability. When we use third party to process personal information on our behalf, we require them to follow our instructions and apply appropriate security measures to protect the personal information they process on our behalf.
Tampnet will ensure that the European rules on cross-border data flows are complied with when personal data are transferred to processors located outside of EU/EEA or located in a country that is not recognised by the EU Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection. In such cases we will use the EU Commission’s Model Clauses which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
We may also disclose your personal information if required or allowed by law, for example in order to protect you, us or someone else from harm or damage, or we are required by a warrant, court order or other legal or regulatory requirement to disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, courts or other public authorities.
11. Collection and use of non-personal data
Our definition of personal data does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of services or customers from which individual user identities have been removed. For example, we could prepare a report that indicates that a certain number of our users always use their wireless phones at a certain time of day at a specific location. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new services or tailor existing services to customer desires. Please understand that although we will not share your personal information in ways not described in this privacy note, we may share such aggregate information in ways not described in this privacy note.
12. Changes to the policy
Tampnet will revise or update the privacy notice to be in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, if our practices change, as we change existing or add new services or as we develop better ways to inform you of products we think will be of interest. We encourage you to review this policy when accessing the services.
13. Your rights and how to contact us
National and international data protection gives rights to data subjects. This includes your rights to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
Should you believe that any personal data we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the ability to request to see this information, rectify it or have it deleted. Please refer to the GDPR regulations for further information about your rights or contact us via email@example.com to receive our Data Subject Access Request Form. Note that we for security purposes will require information to confirm your identity and that not processing personal data might lead to us not being able to provide you with the service.
In the event that you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at Tampnet AS, Hinna Park, Stadionblokk C, Jåttåvågveien 7, 4020 Stavanger, Norway. We will then look into your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter. If you believe that Tampnet’s processing of personal data infringes the personal data legislation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, or other relevant supervisory authority.